Website Privacy and Legal Information
Holdcroft has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Holdcroft, or otherwise used by Holdcroft as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Holdcroft or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Holdcroft reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Holdcroft reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Holdcroft be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Holdcroft are proprietary marks of Holdcroft. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Holdcroft does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Holdcroft does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold esponsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Holdcroft and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. Holdcroft cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Holdcroft reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.
The documents you receive from any Holdcroft entity will identify the relevant Holdcroft entity that you are dealing with in any particular instance.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA), and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right. Please see below for further information.
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services and vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
We may also collect non-identifying information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Website. We may provide our manufacturer partners and our advertisers with aggregate information about Website users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts;
- to manage and administer the relationships between you and us (or one or more of the members of the Holdcroft Group);
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and
- to obtain feedback from you regarding us; and
- to provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information in order to ascertain the vehicles, services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of particular interest to you. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more Holdcroft entity)), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties as described below. We will share your personal information with other Holdcroft entities in the Holdcroft group for the purposes set out above and below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities).
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass your personal information to a third party finance company for the purposes of them providing you with finance. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (including car dealerships), we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more members of the Holdcroft Group)) or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties;
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Website, sales and traffic patterns with members of the Holdcroft Group and other parties.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Website and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to or emailing us using the details below.
Access to your personal information
The DPA gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this web site (the "Site"). Using this Site indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this Site. We may change our terms and conditions from time to time so you should review them regularly. Your use of this Site will be deemed an acceptance of the terms and conditions existing at that time.
1. Information About Us
T G Holdcroft (Holdings) Ltd. is registered in England and Wales under company number 2962125 with registered office at Leek Road, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 6AT.
2. Accessing This Site
1. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on this Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
2. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Site, or this entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
3. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
3. Permitted Use
1. Subject to clause 3.2, you may print and download extracts from this Site for your own personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
1. no documents or related graphics on the Site are modified in any way;
2. no graphics on the Site are used separately from accompanying text; and
3. no copyright and trade mark notices are removed.
2. You agree not to:
1. use any part of the materials on this Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors;
2. copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any content of this Site, except as permitted above; and
3. provide a link to this Site from any other website without obtaining our prior written consent.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
1. Unless otherwise specified, we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
2. Unless otherwise specified, the authors of the literary and artistic works in the materials contained in the Site have asserted their moral right pursuant to Section 77 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of those works.
5. Reliance On Information Posted
1. The information contained in the material on this Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of this Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
2. Subject to clause 5.3 and to the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
1. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
2. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with use of this Site, including without limitation any liability for:
1. loss of income or revenue;
2. loss of business;
3. loss of profits or contracts;
4. loss of anticipated savings;
5. loss of data;
6. loss of goodwill;
7. wasted management or office time; and
8. for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
3. We do not exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6. Third Part Material
1. This Site may contain material submitted and created by third parties including other Site users. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from error, omission or inaccuracy in such material and we take no responsibility for such material.
2. In the event that you purchase or obtain any goods or services from a third party then your acquisition of such goods or services will be in accordance with the third party's terms and conditions and we exclude so far as permitted by law all liability to you in respect of the same.
7. Links From This Site
Where this Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them except as may be required by law.
8. Material Submitted By You
1. By submitting any material to us, you:
1. automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content; and
2. waive all your moral rights in such materials.
2. You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
3. You are agree not to post any material:
1. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
2. for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
3. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or
4. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
4. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting material in breach of clause 8.3.
9. Data Protection and Privacy
2. We hold a data protection registration and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If any term, condition, or provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
11. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein.
12. Jurisdiction and applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, this Site. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
13. Use of personal information
We use personal information collected via holdcroft.com to:
1. Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
2. Allow us to send you, via e-mail, details of special offers and promotions
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
ADR offers more protection for consumers
From October 2015, new regulations require traders, once they fail to resolve a dispute through their own customer service efforts, to advise the consumer of an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body, relevant to their sector and the nature of the specific complaint. The trader will not be compelled to use the ADR body but it is hoped that the requirement to identify an appropriate body, and the potential benefits in customer relations such schemes may offer, will encourage traders to do so. Alternative Dispute Resolution describes a range of processes that offer the parties an easier, quicker and more cost effective mechanism to resolve complaints when compared to the court process. It is generally accepted that consumers are more willing to use these processes than to use the court process. It is also accepted that these processes are much better at maintaining, or recovering, a positive relationship between the consumer and trader.
Accredited ADR Bodies
The approval process and criteria outlined by the regulations and delivered by UK Trading Standards, are arduous and designed to ensure that disputes are resolved quickly and effectively. Trading Standards ensures each ADR body meets the quality criteria provided by the Regulations.
Trading Standards acts as a ‘competent authority’ - ensuring that ADR schemes meet the requirements of the regulations. Trading Standards will be the competent authority for all consumer sectors other than those regulated by any of the bodies below, all of whom will operate as competent authority for their regulated sector.
In the UK the other Competent Authorities are:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (In relation to the Financial Ombudsman Service in particular);
- Legal Services Board (In relation to the Office for legal Complaints in particular);
- Civil Aviation Authority;
- Gambling Commission;
- Gas and Electricity Markets Authority; Office of Communications
- The lead enforcement authority for the purposes of the Estate Agents Act 1979.
The Motor Ombudsman - Our chosen ADR Partner
The Motor Ombudsman is the government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. Its voluntary membership of thousands of garages is committed to maintaining high standards covering new cars, the administration of new car warranties and car service and repair. So, whether you’re buying a new car or need a service or repair job carrying out, or require a Trading Standards accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution service, The Motor Ombudsman is the intuitive choice. Visit the The Motor Ombudsman website for more information on ADR by clicking the logo below.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If your dispute is in relation to a financial product, such as Personal Contract Plans or Insurances, then the Financial Ombudsman Service offer advice on how to complain and who to contact. Please follow the link below to the FOS website.