Website Privacy and Legal Information
Holdcroft has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications,
this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles
products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of
any particular vehicle.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and
its contents, are owned by or licensed to Holdcroft, or otherwise used
by Holdcroft as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit
any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection
and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software,
for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission
from Holdcroft or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information
in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal
non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Holdcroft reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material
submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or
in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Holdcroft reserves
the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and
up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the
Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information,
text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials
(without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis
without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In
particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness
of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this
site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers
are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Holdcroft be liable to any person for any damage or
loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site
or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect
or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or
loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence
or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use
of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will
not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability
of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Holdcroft are proprietary marks
of Holdcroft. All third party brand, product, service and company names
contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names
of their respective holders. Holdcroft does not give permission for
their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute
an infringement of the holders' rights.
Holdcroft does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold esponsibility
over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any
external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site
is outside the control of Holdcroft and you visit entirely at your
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and
tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we
still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend
that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the
software. Holdcroft cannot accept responsibility for any disruption,
damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur
while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing
any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
If you don't want this site to place Cookies on your device you can disable these using your Internet Browser settings.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance
with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively
subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If any of these Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or
otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country
in which these Terms are intended to be effective, it shall be severed
shall remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Holdcroft reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions
at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website
Collection of Personal Information
Holdcroft.com collects personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) when you complete registration or enquiry forms or send emails to us. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Collection of Other Information
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and your geographical location.
Use of Your Information
By using this Site, you agree that Holdcroft.com may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services. These include (without limitation):
Personalising your visits to the Site and developing the design and style of the Site to improve the services provided to you;
Informing you about the latest changes to the Site, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you;
Informing you if you have been successful in any of our competitions or promotions;
Compiling customer reviews;
For market research purposes;
to enable third parties to carry out statistical analyses', technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising;
For strategic development;
For any purpose required by law or regulation; and
For accounting purposes.
Sharing Your Information
By using the Site, you agree that we may disclose your personal information to any company within the Holdcroft group of companies.
Subject to our obtaining your express consent, we may also supply personal information about you to third parties.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies. lawful requests for information.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business.
Furthermore, by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (which may not provide the same protection for such information as the United Kingdom provides) in the event that the processing of your information involves such a transfer.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the Site. However, we use reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using encryption technology. In addition to these safeguards, your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully, should be accurate, relevant and not excessive, not be retained for longer than is necessary and, if applicable, be kept up to date. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 and your related rights please see http://ico.gov.uk
Accessing Your Information
If you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please write to us (including full details of your request) at:
Holdcroft Motor Group
We may charge a small administration fee in relation to fulfilling a request for access to personal information.
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this web site (the "Site"). Using this Site indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this Site. We may change our terms and conditions from time to time so you should review them regularly. Your use of this Site will be deemed an acceptance of the terms and conditions existing at that time.
1. Information About Us
T G Holdcroft (Holdings) Ltd. is registered in England and Wales under company number 2962125 with registered office at Leek Road, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 6AT.
2. Accessing This Site
1. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on this Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
2. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Site, or this entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
3. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
3. Permitted Use
1. Subject to clause 3.2, you may print and download extracts from this Site for your own personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
1. no documents or related graphics on the Site are modified in any way;
2. no graphics on the Site are used separately from accompanying text; and
3. no copyright and trade mark notices are removed.
2. You agree not to:
1. use any part of the materials on this Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors;
2. copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any content of this Site, except as permitted above; and
3. provide a link to this Site from any other website without obtaining our prior written consent.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
1. Unless otherwise specified, we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
2. Unless otherwise specified, the authors of the literary and artistic works in the materials contained in the Site have asserted their moral right pursuant to Section 77 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of those works.
5. Reliance On Information Posted
1. The information contained in the material on this Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of this Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
2. Subject to clause 5.3 and to the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
1. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
2. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with use of this Site, including without limitation any liability for:
1. loss of income or revenue;
2. loss of business;
3. loss of profits or contracts;
4. loss of anticipated savings;
5. loss of data;
6. loss of goodwill;
7. wasted management or office time; and
8. for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
3. We do not exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6. Third Part Material
1. This Site may contain material submitted and created by third parties including other Site users. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from error, omission or inaccuracy in such material and we take no responsibility for such material.
2. In the event that you purchase or obtain any goods or services from a third party then your acquisition of such goods or services will be in accordance with the third party's terms and conditions and we exclude so far as permitted by law all liability to you in respect of the same.
7. Links From This Site
Where this Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them except as may be required by law.
8. Material Submitted By You
1. By submitting any material to us, you:
1. automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content; and
2. waive all your moral rights in such materials.
2. You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
3. You are agree not to post any material:
1. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
2. for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
3. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or
4. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
4. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting material in breach of clause 8.3.
9. Data Protection and Privacy
2. We hold a data protection registration and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If any term, condition, or provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
11. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein.
12. Jurisdiction and applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, this Site. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
13. Use of personal information
We use personal information collected via holdcroft.com to:
1. Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
2. Allow us to send you, via e-mail, details of special offers and promotions
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
ADR offers more protection for consumers
From October 2015, new regulations require traders, once they fail to resolve a dispute through their own customer service efforts, to advise the consumer of an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body, relevant to their sector and the nature of the specific complaint. The trader will not be compelled to use the ADR body but it is hoped that the requirement to identify an appropriate body, and the potential benefits in customer relations such schemes may offer, will encourage traders to do so.
Alternative Dispute Resolution describes a range of processes that offer the parties an easier, quicker and more cost effective mechanism to resolve complaints when compared to the court process. It is generally accepted that consumers are more willing to use these processes than to use the court process. It is also accepted that these processes are much better at maintaining, or recovering, a positive relationship between the consumer and trader.
Accredited ADR Bodies
The approval process and criteria outlined by the regulations and delivered by UK Trading Standards, are arduous and designed to ensure that disputes are resolved quickly and effectively. Trading Standards ensures each ADR body meets the quality criteria provided by the Regulations.
Trading Standards acts as a ‘competent authority’ - ensuring that ADR schemes meet the requirements of the regulations. Trading Standards will be the competent authority for all consumer sectors other than those regulated by any of the bodies below, all of whom will operate as competent authority for their regulated sector.
In the UK the other Competent Authorities are:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (In relation to the Financial Ombudsman Service in particular);
- Legal Services Board (In relation to the Office for legal Complaints in particular);
- Civil Aviation Authority;
- Gambling Commission;
- Gas and Electricity Markets Authority; Office of Communications
- The lead enforcement authority for the purposes of the Estate Agents Act 1979.
The Motor Ombudsman - Our chosen ADR Partner
The Motor Ombudsman is the government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. Its voluntary membership of thousands of garages is committed to maintaining high standards covering new cars, the administration of new car warranties and car service and repair. So, whether you’re buying a new car or need a service or repair job carrying out, or require a Trading Standards accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution service, The Motor Ombudsman is the intuitive choice. Visit the The Motor Ombudsman website for more information on ADR by clicking the logo below.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If your dispute is in relation to a financial product, such as Personal Contract Plans or Insurances, then the Financial Ombudsman Service offer advice on how to complain and who to contact. Please follow the link below to the FOS website.